INDEX Persuasion Leadership Medical Dictionary Widgets How 1 to 10
IT Glossary | Meditation | Skin Diseases | Nature Sounds
1. Decide who you are going to write to and gather all of your supplies. You will need paper, pens or pencils, envelopes, stamps and addresses. If you have them, be sure to grab address labels or stickers.
2. Find a comfortable place to set up. A desk or table is always perfect for letter writing but may not create the mood necessary to compose your letter. Be adventurous, go to the park with a blanket and stretch out. Just be sure to bring something to lean on while you write.
3. Start with a proper opening, such as "Dear...", at the top left of the page. Include the date on the same line at the right.
4. Write an opening paragraph. Tailor your opening to the recipient. For example, if the letter is casual, you can begin with, "What's up?" or "How's it going". Otherwise, a simple "How are you?" is fine. Also, answer this question for yourself so your reader knows why you are writing. For instance, "I'm doing fine." or "I'm writing to you because..."Include all of the information you would like in the following paragraphs, and be sure to write clearly so the reader will understand you.
5. Make a point to write the type of response in the closing paragraph,so they know what you are seeking. If you would like a letter in return you can write, "Please write when you have a chance" or, if you prefer a phone call/email, write "Call me soon." or "Email me some time".
6. Understand that the body of your letter should complete, and include a closing such as "Love always" ,"Cheers" or "Sincerely". Again, choose your closing based on the recipient.
7. Address your envelope. Your address should be written on the front of the envelope in the upper left hand corner or on the back. The recipient's address must be on the front of the envelope, right in the middle. Fold your letter in any way you would like, but just be sure that it will fit into the envelope.
8. Put your letter in the envelope, seal it, stamp it (add stickers to the back if you would like to add some decoration), and send it off. Congratulations, you have just written a letter and have shown the people in your life how much you care about them!
INDEX Brain Foods Skin Care Neurotechnology Brain Facts How 1 to 10